- Government matches funding for the Combined Universities in Cornwall.
- Work starts on the Tremough Campus. Target completion date: September 2004.
- Decision is made to merge CSM with the School of Geography and Archaeology, to form the School of Geography, Archeology and Earth Resources (SOGAER).
- Keith Atkinson retires as Head of School, and takes the post of Provost of the University of Exeter in Cornwall.
- Bob Pine takes the Headship of CSM.
- Centenary anniversary of the first Bottle Match between Camborne School of Mines and Royal School of Mines.
- SOGAER is formed on 1st October.
- BSc Costal Zone Environmental Management established.
- BSc Environmental Geoscience established.
- BSc Renewable Energy established.
- Sarah Gittoes becomes the first female Student President.
- CSM says goodbye to the Pool Campus and Camborne By holding ‘The Last Blast’ Summer ball.
- CSM moves to the Tremough Campus in Penryn.
- Dan Parker become the first President of University of Exeter in Cornwall Students’ Union, leading an all CSM Student Executive alongside Falmouth College of Arts Students’ Union.
- This website was made by the Camborne School of Mines Student Society.